Residential Senior Worker Level 2 To provide a professional and residential care service to all Service Users and to promote the development of the individual’s full potential.
Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Grade: Level II
- To provide a professional and residential care service to all Service Users and to promote the development of the individual’s full potential.
- To lead a shift team and organise daily activities for service users.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure that high standards of professional care in the Home are adopted and maintained by deploying your personal resources, so as to achieve organisational objectives with particular regard to physical, emotional, cultural, social and recreational needs.
- To take responsibility as shift leader when required.
- To ensure that you provide supervision, support and guidance to staff members and to promote a cohesive team approach so as to ensure continuity of care and those keyworker responsibilities are fully implemented.
- To promote and maintain effective channels of communication within the residential team and between service users and staff.
- To ensure that training and assessment programmes for the service users are fully implemented.
- To ensure that all records and administrative records are kept up to date and are secure. To take an active involvement in drawing up care plans/programmes for service user and ensure that they are fully understood and implemented.
- To ensure that reports for case conferences and case reviews are raised and submitted to your Line Manager three weeks prior to the meeting.
- To accept delegated responsibility for financial resources and to ensure that such financial resources are deployed cost-effectively so that the organisation gets value for money when purchasing.
- To provide supervision and support to the service user.
- To ensure that medication is administered as prescribed by the General Practitioner.
- To work by rota on a shift system basis and to cover at short notice or in an emergency.
- To undertake sleeping-in duties.
- To liaise with families and external agencies in a professional manner and record appropriately.
- Shift leader to contact on-call officer, if required, after discussion with the rest of the team.
- To ensure that your conduct within and outside the community does not conflict with the professional expectations of the Company.
- Undertake other duties as required by the Manager, provided they are appropriate to the position.