Staff Nurse: Complex Needs Service The post holder will work as part of a team to deliver effective care to people with complex needs. This will involve a range of appropriate and co-ordinated activities of daily living which are planned and delivered in accordance with the individual’s needs. This will include Educational, Sensory, Therapeutic and health care needs.
|Job Title:||Staff Nurse: Complex Needs Service|
|Qualification:||Registered Nurse - Learning Disability|
|Pay Grade:||Dependent on experience|
|Location:||The post holder will be based at Advent House, a service provision for people with complex health needs, but may be required to work at other locations as provided by Ark, Fourcareplus or Action 4 Care. The main place of work is in the Stanley area of Wakefield.|
|Responsible to:||Directors/Operations Manager/Service Manager|
|Accountable to:||Service Manager.|
The post holder will work as part of a team to deliver effective care to people with complex needs. This will involve a range of appropriate and co-ordinated activities of daily living which are planned and delivered in accordance with the individual’s needs. This will include Educational, Sensory, Therapeutic and health care needs.
The post holder will ensure that all people using the service will undergo Assessments and have detailed individualised support plans, Health plans, and have a structured timetable of activities that are regularly evaluated and updated.
SENIOR SUPPORT ASSISTANTS
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Ensure high standards of care are set, maintained and monitored within the service.
- Accepts and processes referrals in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Service Manager, and assists in undertaking initial assessments prior to admission.
- Development of individually designed care/support plans in association with key professionals in the Multi-disciplinary Team to meet the assessed physical, psychological, emotional, developmental and health needs of the service users.
- In conjunction with key workers and other members of the Multi-disciplinary team, ensures all care/support plans are regularly evaluated. Participate in Multi-disciplinary annual reviews for all service users.
- Ensure that the needs and risk assessments of individuals and the environment are kept up to date.
- Provide clinical interventions to service users.
- Provide clinical advice and support to the staff and families, ensuring good practice is evident at all times.
- Promote a positive image of all people with a Learning Disability at all times and actively work to promote the name and reputation of the service.
- To support individuals and their families, giving advice on their health care needs with other support services to co-ordinate individual support packages.
- Communicates effectively with the team and between other elements of the service, other agencies and families.
- Receive and provide sensitive and complex information which may be contentious in relation to the delivery of care or may be difficult for families to deal with.
- Develop a good knowledge of local relevant resources and establish good networking locally.
Policy and Service Development.
- Participates in the implementation, maintenance and revision of Policies relating to all aspects of care within the team.
- Ensures compliance to: the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act; The responsibilities under the Mental Health Act; policies and procedures of Ark Specialist Care.
- Informs the Service manager of potential areas of policy development or change.
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of the care staff.
- Manage the service in the absence of the Service Manager.
- Participate in the management of sickness and absence utilising the company's policy and with a view to the flexible deployment of staff on duty.
- Advise the Operations Manager/Service Manager of all untoward incidents, accidents, or complaints.
- Regularly handle cash/valuables belonging to service users. Manage the service budget in the absence of the Service Manager.
- Participate in the appointment of staff in association with the Service Manager.
- Carry out on-call duties in conjunction with the Service Manager ensuring 24hour nursing cover.
- Participate in regular supervision and appraisals and provide regular supervision for the care staff within the team.
- Promote good staff morale by helping create an atmosphere conducive to healthy working conditions and an awareness of responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Keep abreast of all new developments within the field of learning disabilities and to be conversant with all relevant legislation.
- Provide good learning opportunities, education and training to staff within the service, student Nurses and for other agencies.
- Participate in transporting service users to and from the service in the service vehicle. Participate in regular training including mandatory, clinical and in-house.
- Comply with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and related documents at all times.
- Maintain adequate case records that meet the standards laid down by the NMC for records and record keeping.
- Awareness of the services disciplinary procedure and implement when necessary.
- In association with the Operations Manager/Service Manager develop and maintain quality standards for the service participating in and responding to quality audits.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment reporting potential hazards to appropriate personnel.
- Is flexible and participates in shift work to meet the needs of the service. Work co-operatively with the Management team to maximise opportunities for development within the service.
- To maintain confidentiality of information regarding service users, their family and friends at all times.
- To be conversant with the company's Health and Safety Policy.
- To act at all times in the best interests of service users.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the company's policy and procedures, in particular the "code of conduct".
- Carry out such other delegated tasks as appropriate to position and ability of the post holder.
This job description indicates the main roles and responsibilities of the position but is not intended as a complete list of duties and may be amended in conjunction with the post holder to meet the needs of the service.
This post is deemed to require a disclosure check using the Disclosure and Barring Service. It will be necessary to contact the DBS to check on any relevant criminal background prior to appointment.